Science, Art & Society
Live Performance/Workshop Discussion
The wreath of human culture is weaved from the fabric of Science and Art. They are the mind and the senses of one society. If one of them is neglected, suppressed or if they are disconnected from each other, it results in cultural inadequacy, a malady in the soul of the society and thus in the individual. Nowadays, both Science and Art are in period of great crisis. The technological progress for the last decades was greater than anyone had guessed but it faced one inevitable problem – the pollution and the damage that it caused to the environment. It ruins our only home – planet Earth. In order to sustain its development, Science should go Green, eco-friendly. On the other hand, Arts have ended up in the “cul-de-sac” left by the Postmodernism and the devaluation of ideologies and metaphysics. Due to that widespread cynicism, Art has troubles in finding its new manifests. It is lost in the labyrinths of thousands of intricate concepts focused on their local issues while human kind has unprecedented need of a global reunion in order to solve the current environmental and social problems.
Matter of fact, the appearance of the world wide web and consequently of all social medias and platforms, prepared the soil for the upcoming revolution of planetary reunion of the different branches of knowledge. Today, it is already possible to reestablish Plato’s union of truth, beauty and goodness, in order to improve both the living conditions and the understanding of human kind. Scientific progress can create the necessary tools to achieve it and Art can fulfill the need of motivation, values and grace to perform it with style. They just need to reconcile in one mutual goal.
The IXth SWS Conference of Social Sciences “When Science meets Art” will focus on the possible multidisciplinary approaches between science and art in order to prove them worthy to soothe the existential conditions and necessities of the society once again. We invite all of you scientists, scholars, researchers and artists to come and become a vital part of our special section. You could participate with presentation, workshop or performance. Feel free to express yourselves! Let us join forces and rebuild the broken bridge between Science, Art and Society. For, together we stay strong!
Possible themes for section Science, Art & Society:
- “The beauty behind natural sciences.” (Could be a visual and smart approach to deliver complex subject matter on a popular and more understandable language)
- “The science of painting/music” (An effective revealing of the geometrical and mathematical principles hidden behind the abstract and fine forms of art)
- “Urban Art or how we could inspire ourselves even during the daily routine” (Graffiti, wall poetry, installations, conceptual artistic form, contemporary arts)
- “Art as the healthcare system of the soul of society.” (Historical examination between the connection of Art and Society. How do they stimulate each other’s progress/regress?)
- “Science, Art and Society - three branches of the same tree.” (As Albert Einstein once said: “All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.”)
|Want to convey a Workshop||Want to join a Panel Discussion||Want to join with Live Art Performance or Exhibition|